A lot of people have asked me about the best food to feed a toddler. And, believe me, I know how easy it is to get stuck in a food rut with kids. It’s something I work on all the time.
To give you some ideas around healthy meals for babies and toddlers, I took photos of my three-year-old son Griffin’s breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks for a week and made this video. Enjoy!
What do YOU feed your toddler?
Share it in the comments so we can learn from each other!
The meals featured in this video include…
- Sprouted piece of wheat toast with raw butter, vegetable scrambled egg, and pear slices
- Sprouted whole grain cereal with banana, honey and milk
- Savory breakfast… scrambled egg, organic corn tortilla with melted cheese and side of salsa
- Sprouted toast with almond butter with a side of Greek yogurt and raw honey
- Soaked oatmeal with banana, honey and coconut milk
- Sprouted corn pancakes with butter and real maple syrup
- Cut up mango with Greek yogurt and raw honey
- Sprouted organic corn tortilla cut up, scrambled egg, ratatouille
- Rice pasta with an Asian vegetable stir-fry
- Sprouted wheat grilled cheese, side of cucumber and pears
- Scrambled egg, quinoa and tomato slices
- Roasted chicken pieces, roasted potato pieces, carrots and cucumber
- Brown rice with olive oil/sea salt, carrot coins and raw cheddar cheese
- Sprouted organic corn tortilla with pureed black beans, melted cheese and carrot salad on side
- Salad with balsamic vinaigrette, sprouted whole grain pasta with butter and crumbled cheese
- Shrimp taco deconstructed… shrimp, beans, lettuce, cheese salsa and organic corn tortilla
- Random dinner… hummus and carrots, peaches and corn pasta with butter
- Teriyaki salmon, garbanzo beans, sautéed slaw with onions and peas
- Sprouted wheat grilled cheese with diced tomato and pickle
- Coconut white fish, brown rice, and celery, onion stir-fry
- Salmon lox, quinoa and raw peppers with balsamic vinegar
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Fresh fruit
- String cheese
- Cherry tomatos
- Fruit strips
Usually it’s nothing or just fresh fruit… sometimes I do dates or Lara bar type stuff, high quality organic ice cream and I like these gluten-free cones for a special treat. I also give him Yummy Earth’s lollipops as a treat if we’re on the go.