You navigated the throws of morning sickness and the rest of those weird pregnancy signs with grace. You sailed through the golden second trimester. You graduated from the Mama Natural Birth Course. No matter how prepared you feel for labor, all that waiting can really put you on the edge of your seat. While you wait for those early signs of labor to kick in, check out inspiring delivery videos, including:
My Delivery Videos
After many hours of labor and over two hours of pushing, my body was weak and exhausted. To avoid the possibility of a surgical birth, I agreed to a couple drops of Pitocin. Sure enough, it jumpstarted my contractions again, and after a couple cycles of pushing, the baby was crowning. A few more cycles, and I had little Griffin in my arms. Baby boy certainly made me work for it, though — all in all, I was in labor for 27 hours!
Paloma was also born in a birthing center, but my labor couldn’t have been any different the second time around. I labored off and on for a couple days at home, before just making it to the birthing center in time. Though I planned for a water birth, I delivered Paloma on all fours in just three pushes.
After experiencing a series of miscarriages last year, I got my rainbow baby. My third child, Faith, was born at home—before the midwife could even arrive.
Hospital Birth Delivery Videos
1. This mama was brave and in great spirits throughout her entire unmedicated hospital birth.
2. The Murrays welcomed their fourth child in a natural hospital birth with a midwife.
Hospital birthing tub
3. Emily’s loving and supportive husband was by her side throughout her entire natural hospital birth.
4. This mama gave birth in a hospital setting, but received no epidural. Despite painful contractions, she showed strength and grace throughout her entire labor.
5. This mama gave birth to her second child via gentle C-section on Christmas day.
6. Watch two twins come into this world through gentle C-section in this delivery video.
Birth Center Birth Delivery Videos
Partner in the tub
7. In this delivery video, Oswin Peace was born in a beautiful water birth at a birthing center.
Overcoming the pain
8. Though Katya considered forgoing a natural birth for an epidural because of the pain, her birthing team helped her realize her strength and continue on. This is one of the most inspiring delivery videos, because she gave birth in a calm setting, surrounded by people who believed in her.
9. This beautiful natural twin birth is so full of love and serenity. Alyson even breastfed her older child while in active labor.
Doula and Midwife Support
10. In this delivery video, Nova had an empowering natural birth supported by an amazing doula and midwife.
11. This inspiring water birth has a surprise gender reveal at the end.
Home Birth Delivery Videos
Kids Witnessing birth
12. Surrounded by her partner, children, mother, doula, and midwives, Eva was so calm and strong during her home birth. This video shows how far the right love and support goes during childbirth.
Creating a mantra
13. For the birth of her second child, Blanca had an emotional natural home water birth. Mama was in the zone, focused on bringing baby safely into this world. What got her through in this delivery video? The mantra “Me, My Breath, My Baby.”
First home birth after two hospital births
14. It took this strong mama 8 hours to deliver Ashton Grey. But, guided by an awesome midwife, she powered through in the comfort of her own home.
Home birth at 41 weeks
15. This mama must have a lot of delivery videos! Jess birthed her 7th child in a beautiful home water birth. Watch to see a true example of strength—and be sure to stay tuned until the end for the gender reveal.
Outdoor Birth Delivery Videos
16. This woman gave birth to her fourth child unassisted in the middle of Australia’s Daintee rainforest. Talk about strength!
17. With her partner at her side, Sofie had a dimly lit, peaceful natural water birth in a cave in Paraguay.
18. Though this natural birth was unplanned (mama gave birth in the car on the way to the hospital!), mama and papa remained cool under pressure while welcoming their daughter.
Bonus Delivery Videos
Kids react to their own delivery videos
Watch how these lovely kids react to their own births in these delivery videos