They’re super popular. Super delicious. And super EXPENSIVE! A 10 oz. bottled chia seed drink is nearly $4.00! That’s more expensive than kombucha, gasoline, and champagne.
In this post, I’ll show you how to make your own chia seed drink for a fraction of the cost.
Chia drink recipe video
Why eat chia seeds?
Well, they have more omega 3’s than salmon, more potassium than bananas, more calcium than milk, and are loaded with antioxidants. They’re a complete protein and, unlike flaxseeds, they are very shelf stable and not prone to rancidity.
They’re also FUN to eat!
Chia seed drinks are the perfect snack as they have natural sugars that, combined with the fat and protein of the seeds, holds you over for hours.
Chia seed drink ingredients
- 1 cup of the juice of your choice
- 1 cup water
- 3 TB chia seeds (where to buy – I prefer these organic ones)
How to make your own chia seed drink recipe
- Warm your water, put in a cup and add your 3 TB of chia seeds. Stir well till the chia seeds are evenly dispersed and start to swell. Cover and put cup in the refrigerator. Let sit overnight.
- The next day, get your cup out of the fridge. Your chia seeds should be blown up in size and totally gelatinous. Your “water” should now be a thick gel.
- Mix 1 cup of your chia seed gel with 1 cup of the juice of your choice and mix well. This recipe serves 2.
How about YOU?
Ever had chia seeds? Chia seed drinks? Hooked on Mama Chia? Ever make your own chia drink? Share with us!