You at 52 Weeks Postpartum 👩
Congratulations, mama! Your little one has reached their first birthday, and you have reached the one year mark in your motherhood journey. This is such a big milestone, and it’s time to give yourself a great big pat on the back!
At this time, you may find yourself reflecting on all the many accomplishments you’ve achieved during your first year as a mother. From the moment you found out you were pregnant, to the birth of your sweet baby, your breastfeeding journey, and all the developmental milestones.
- Revisit that baby's first year journal: Add to it as you see fit now that the year has come to a close.
- Write a letter to your baby: This is such a great way to reflect on all that has happened in that first year. You can include milestones that they reached and all of the feelings and emotions that you experienced watching them grow. This can be something that they receive later in life (what a special gift!).
- Write a letter to your spouse/partner: This can be such a great way to reflect on your first year as parents together. You can include photos and discuss your greatest memories parenting your sweet little one together. Reflecting on where your relationship started and how it’s grown. This can be a great way to connect with your spouse.
Many say that that first year is the hardest in their parenting journey—there are so many unknowns and so many firsts. So don't just throw baby a party. Throw yourself a party!
YOU DID IT!!! You made it through multiple wake-ups, spit-ups, diaper blow outs, temper tantrums, crying spells, colicky phases, a million leaps, a million uncomfortable moments... Promise me you’ll take at least an afternoon to do something for yourself to mark this momentous occasion.
- Book a full on spa day
- Buy yourself a pretty dress or pair of earrings
- Treat yourself to your favorite place for dinner and go alone
- Join a book club
- Get highlights
- Take a long, uninterrupted nap
- Visit a friend you haven't seen in a while
- Try something new—a cooking class, a golf lesson... whatever piques your interest
- Spend the day at the beach
- Order takeout and binge watch your favorite show
Whatever you do, now is the time to sit back, breathe, and give yourself a much-deserved pat on the back. Congratulations, mama—you did it! Now, may the toddler years begin!