7 Week Old Baby Reader Story 💡
Baby Week to Week 7 Mama Natural Sometimes It’s Gotta Be About Me
Sometimes It’s Gotta Be About Me
Get ready, mama! Little Leo is going to need a lot of attention.
With my first and second children, I felt like I had to be all and do all. I didn’t accept help, and I ended up suffering because of it. I didn’t spend any time taking care of myself, which led to exhaustion and a small bout of postpartum depression and anxiety.
By my 3rd and last baby, I realized that the baby will learn to fit into our lives, that we don’t all have to conform to the baby. This helped me prioritize myself—something that’s so important during the newborn phase. Here are 10 little ways I learned to treat myself:
- Prepare postpartum baskets full of necessary toiletries and comforts. Keep one in each bathroom.
- Establish a bedtime for baby and stick to it. Go to bed shortly after baby.
- Ask your partner to bring the baby to you during nighttime nursing sessions.
- Ask your partner to watch the baby in the morning, so you can catch up on sleep.
- Invite grandmas over to play. It’s good bonding time for them and a break for you.
- Schedule dates with friends—even if it means bringing the baby.
- Get a haircut in the month following birth. You’ll feel pampered and refreshed.
- Make taking vitamins and drinking plenty of water a priority.
- Make sure you get a shower every day—even if it means putting baby in a bassinet in the bathroom.
- Walk. Ask a family member to watch the baby or put them in the stroller.