A satisfying, exotic and healthy soup that’s sure to fit any special diet because it’s dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and vegan. It’s also great for veggie lovers like me :). Made with coconut milk and oil, this soup is loaded with lauric acid and medium chain fatty acids that are easy to digest (great for little ones!) while also being antimicrobial. The curry and ginger add a kick as well as reduces inflammation in the body while providing a healthy dose of antioxidants. Woo hoo!
Oh, and did I mention, it’s easy to make?
- 1 large organic head cauliflower
- 3 large organic stalks of celery
- 4 large organic carrots
- 1 large organic yellow onion
- about an inch of ginger root
- organic curry powder
- coconut milk
- coconut oil
- salt (sea or kosher)
Interested in making your own coconut milk? See my video on how to do so.
- Wash and coarsely chop all vegetables.
- Steam cauliflower till soft in stock pot with 3 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk (about 30 minutes)
- Saute onion, celery and carrot in coconut oil till they’re caramelized (about 30 minutes)
- Add the sauteed veggies to the stock pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 2-3 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Blend with immersion blender or in regular blender till smooth.
- Salt to taste.
Add garnish of green, pumpkin oil, toasted coconut, or anything else that strikes your fancy.