This satisfying and healthy coconut curry cauliflower soup is sure to fit any special diet, because it’s dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and vegan.
This is a satisfying, exotic, and healthy soup that’s sure to fit any special diet. Why? Well, because it’s dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and vegan.
This soup is also great for veggie lovers like me. It’s also made with coconut milk and oil, so this soup is loaded with lauric acid and medium chain fatty acids that are easy to digest (great for little ones!), while also being antimicrobial.
The curry and ginger add a kick, as well as reduces inflammation in the body. All while providing a healthy dose of antioxidants. Woo hoo!
Oh, and did I mention this soup is incredibly easy to make?
- 1 large organic head of cauliflower
- 3 large organic stalks of celery
- 4 large organic carrots
- 1 large organic yellow onion
- About an inch of ginger root
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of organic curry powder
- Coconut milk
- Coconut oil
- Salt (sea or kosher salt both work)
Note: Organic is ideal for all of the ingredients listed above, but it’s particularly important for celery and onions, because they’re part of the dirty dozen—12 foods that are most contaminated by pesticides and other harmful things.
Are you interested in making your own coconut milk? I’ve got a video that gives you a great step-by-step. See my video on the whole process.
- Wash and coarsely chop all of the vegetables. (I like to get everything all ready before beginning, so I’m not scrambling later!)
- Place the cauliflower in the stock pot with 3 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk and steam until soft (this takes about 30 minutes).
- Saute the onion, celery, and carrot in coconut oil till they’re beautifully caramelized and golden brown (this takes about 30 minutes).
- Add the sauteed veggies to the stock pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 2 to 3 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Blend everything with immersion blender (my favorite for ease and convenience!) or in a regular blender till smooth.
- Salt to taste.
Add garnish of green herbs, pumpkin oil, toasted coconut, or anything else that strikes your fancy.
Other Soup Recipes You Might Like
Mega Mineral Vegetable Soup: This vegetable soup recipe is perfect for a healthy meal at the end of a long week. Add your choice of vegetables for a mineral packed meal. Yummy!
How to Make Chicken Stock From Scratch: Chicken stock is an amazing superfood that can heal your digestive tract. Learn how I make this delicious bone broth from stuff people normally throw away.
Soup Not Your Thing? Try These Meals Instead
Mama’s Easy & Exotic Chicken Marbella Recipe: A delicious, exotic crowd pleaser that is easy to make. This Chicken Marbella recipe is also Paleo, Primal and GAPS friendly. And did we mention easy?
9 Nourishing Meal Ideas for New Moms: Looking to make a meal for a new mom? Or stock up meals for yourself post-baby? Here are 9 nourishing recipe ideas!
How About You?
Did you give this soup a try? Do you have another favorite that you want to share with me? I’d love to hear all about your adventures in the kitchen, so please share with me in the comments below.