Raw foods are light and digest easily. This raw enzyme salad with turnip is one of my favorite raw salads, because it’s simple, colorful, and delicious.
Raw foods are light and digest easily, because they contain enzymes that aid in digestion and bring life to the body. And their natural fiber scrubs our intestines, helping us to eliminate toxins while satiating our hunger. Incorporating plenty of raw foods into your diet is one of the best things you can do for your body!
To help, I wanted to share one of my favorite raw salads. This dish is simple, colorful, and delicious! And best of all, it’s loaded with enzymes and good-for-you ingredients.
Raw Enzyme Salad Ingredients
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 medium white turnip
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 c. of raw organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB of raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB of dijon mustard
- 1 TB of raw honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Optional enzyme enhancer ingredients
- Organic sprouts
- Soaked seeds
Raw Enzyme Salad Directions
- Wash all of your veggies. Shred or finely chop your red cabbage and place it in a large bowl.
- Shred your turnip, carrots, and zucchinis and then add them to the large bowl as well.
- Mince your parsley (1/3 cup) and onion (1/4 cup) and add these ingredients to the large bowl as well.
- In a separate container, mix your dressing ingredients (except your olive oil). Once blended, slowly add your olive oil to create the right consistency for salad dressing—this helps thicken things up and emulsify everything. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your dressing to the salad and let it sit for approximately thirty minutes. This helps soften things up, so it’s raw, but not quite so tough to chew.
Note: This recipe makes approximately six servings.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Mama’s Easy & Exotic Chicken Marbella Recipe: A delicious, exotic crowd pleaser that is easy to make. This Chicken Marbella recipe is also Paleo, Primal and GAPS friendly. And did we mention easy?
9 Nourishing Meal Ideas for New Moms: Looking to make a meal for a new mom? Or stock up on meals for yourself post-baby? Here are nine nourishing and delicious recipe ideas!
Mega Mineral Vegetable Soup: This vegetable soup recipe is perfect for a healthy meal at the end of a long week. Add your choice of vegetables for a mineral packed meal. Yummy!
How to Make Chicken Stock From Scratch: Chicken stock is an amazing superfood that can heal your digestive tract. Learn how I make this delicious bone broth from all of the stuff people normally throw away.
Pistachio Pesto Recipe: This Pistachio pesto recipe is super tasty and also really good for you! I’ve tinkered with a recipe over the years, and I’ve arrived at perfection. Find out my secret. (This is another totally raw food recipe that I LOVE!)
How About You?
What are your favorite recipes? I’m always looking for great new options and love experimenting in the kitchen. I’d love to hear all about your own cooking adventures, so share your favorite meals and side dishes with me in the comments below.