Raw foods are light and digest easily, because they contain enzymes that aid in digestion and bring life to the body. Their natural fiber scrub our intestines helping us to eliminate toxins while satiating our hunger.
Here’s one of my favorite raw salads that’s simple, colorful and delicious! Best of all, it’s loaded with enzymes.
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 medium white turnip
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchinis
- bunch of parsley
- 1/2 c. raw organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB dijon mustard
- 1 TB raw honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Optional enzyme enhancer ingredients
- Organic sprouts
- Soaked seeds
- Wash all veggies. Shredded or finely chop your red cabbage and place in large bowl.
- Shred your turnip, carrots and zucchinis and add to large bowl.
- Mince your parsley (1/3 cup) and onion (1/4 cup) and add to large bowl.
- In separate container mix your dressing ingredients except your olive oil. Once blended, slowly add your olive oil to create the right consistency for salad dressing. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your dressing to salad and let it sit for thirty minutes.