Need some Valentine’s Day gift ideas and inspiration? Here’s a list of natural, healthy gifts for mom, dad, him, her, children, and everyone in-between!
Some people think Valentine’s Day is a commercial scam made up by the florists, jewelers, and candy manufacturers—but I love it.
Of course, we should be celebrating those we love every day, but when our lives are so often go-go-go, why not take some time out to be more mindful about recognizing those special people?!
I recently heard about a really thoughtful idea to extend the love…
Beginning on February 1, leave little “love notes” for your partner or kids to find throughout the house. Use sticky notes to scatter one meaningful message each day, including:
- I love you
- I’m proud of your strength
- It amazes me how kind you are
- Thanks for being you!
- And so on…
More Valentine’s Day activities for the family
1. You can also make homemade Valentine’s together and mail them to family and friends. Simple construction paper, some markers and stickers will do the trick. Or these vintage ones are adorable!
2. My family also loves to bake Valentine’s Day cookies using healthy flours and sugars. We used these heart cut outs so we could create all sort of sizes for varying appetites.
3. For breakfast, Griffin and I like to make this healthy nutella recipe and enjoy on toast.
4. Another big winner? Making homemade, non-toxic play dough and spending time together shaping fun creations.
5. Before the kids hit the hay for the night, spend some quality time as a family reading a thematic book. Depending on who resonates with your child, there are several great books out there with a Valentine’s Day theme from Pete the Cat, Elmo, Curious George and Mickey. This book for babies looks so cute too!
6. And if you want to share some classic Valentines Day videos, there’s always Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown.
Treats are always in demand, too
There’s almost no getting around all the sweets floating around on Valentine’s Day, which is why I like to make sure I have some better choices on hand. These items are great for special treats for your own kids or for pairing with Valentine’s Day cards for the class.