Hundreds of natural mamas like you helped us write these funny videos about natural living. It started as a silly project, and turned into something bigger.
Here they are – all four of our funny Sh*t Crunchy Mamas Say videos!
It started as a silly homage to a video that was blowing up at the time, Shit Girls Say. We put the call out on Facebook, and hundreds of natural mamas like you helped us write this first one.
Sh*t Crunchy Mamas Say
- Sorry I smell like garlic, I’m trying to kick this cold.
- Who was your doula?
- Are you going to the chicken pox party?
- Wanna carpool to the nurse-in?
- You use regular deodorant?
- I might eat the placenta, I might not.
- 48 hour water birth. Yes it hurt like hell.
- We don’t have a crib?
- Two Words: Big Pharma. Baby wise. Elective c-section.
- Facebook took down another one of my breastfeeding pictures!
- We chose not to mutilate his genitals.
- Does this baby carrier show off my back fat?
- It’s called The Business of Being Born.
To our surprise, a few hundred thousand people found that video in the first few days. Well, that was fun!
So much so, that we did it again the next month, once again written by our Facebook community.
Sh*t Crunchy Mamas Say – Part 2
- Is this water chlorinated?
- I’m on the GAPS diet
- Are you going to tandem nurse?
- Three words for you:
- We don’t have a stroller
- He hasn’t seen the doctor yet but his chiro says he’s doing great
- Is it too late for an epidural?
- We need another freezer
- The global average is 4 years old
- Does this bacon have nitrates?
- Can you cook my eggs in butter?
- No screen time whatsoever
- He self-weaned at 28 months I was devastated
- We totally shop at the same farmer!
Not to be outdone, Papa Natural got into the act with this version for dads (again, written by all of YOU).
Sh*t Crunchy Dads Say
- Do we have any normal toothpaste?
- You should ask my wife
- We won’t wake the baby
- That nursing bra’s kinda hot!
- Pasture fed or cage free?
- Do you sell, um, breast milk storage bags?
- Hook and loop closures are easy, but I’m a snap guy.
- Heck yes I caught the baby!
- I prefer the flexibility of a ring sling
- That’s me catching the baby…
- I can’t believe there isn’t a change station in here? [men’s room]
- Do you have any idea Monsanto is doing?
- No more red pepper sticks until you finish your hummus!
- He just needs a boob
- Give him the booby
- I think it’s booby time
- Did you read Beyond the Sling by Mayim Balik?
- They call it placenta encapsulation
- It was an unassisted home birth
- They got my foreskin, but they’ll never get my son’s
And now, here is part four!
Sh*t Crunchy Pregnant Mamas Say
So far, these videos have been seen over two million times!
That’s a lot of crunch that you’ve helped us put out into the world, so THANK YOU!