Looking for a way to follow the progression of your pregnancy? Here, the best pregnancy tracker to keep tabs on both baby and mama throughout all 40 weeks.
If you’ve just gotten your positive pregnancy test, you might be wondering, what’s next? Aside from finding a midwife or doctor that you love, staying organized about your baby’s development and what appointments you need to make is key. And a pregnancy tracker is a great way to do just that.
What’s the Best Way to Track Pregnancy?
When you find out that you’re pregnant, you will likely start to think about how to track your pregnancy.
It all starts with calculating your due date. You can do that using the Mama Natural due date calculator by entering the first day of your last menstrual period or the date you conceived.
If you want to have an even more accurate estimate of when baby will arrive, try the advanced version. It uses the Mittendorf-Williams Rule to calculate a more accurate due date. This calculator takes into account 16 significant factors—maternal age, pre-pregnancy weight, race, college education, alcohol and coffee use, hypertension, and other medical conditions—that help to provide a better estimate for your due date.
Once you know what your due date is you can sign up for a pregnancy tracker. A pregnancy tracker helps you keep track of which week you are in. Some, like the Mama Natural Week-by-Week, also track your baby’s development and your upcoming appointments, plus include helpful supplemental information about how to better care of yourself and your baby throughout your pregnancy.
What’s the Best Pregnancy Tracker?
The Mama Natural Pregnancy Week-by-Week
There are tons of pregnancy tracker apps, but our favorite (of course) is the Mama Natural pregnancy week-by-week, because it’s the perfect all-around experience to guide you through a natural pregnancy and birth.
Natural Pregnancy Week by Week series by Genevieve Howland
It’s the only pregnancy tracker from a natural standpoint
When I was pregnant for the first time I tried a few different pregnancy trackers. Some were helpful, but most just didn’t sit right with me. They talked about pregnancy like it’s a scary medical condition—so much of the content focused on what could go wrong, not how to have a happy, healthy, and inspiring birth. I also longed for content that could help me make the decisions I was faced with as a natural mama. I wanted discussion about the different options that were available to me and ways I could proactively manage my pregnancy. But I just couldn’t find it, so I created the Mama Natural Pregnancy Tracker.
You get week by week updates on all platforms
The Mama Natural Pregnancy Tracker offers week-by-week updates (from a natural standpoint) via email, text, and the Mama Natural website.
There’s also a companion book
The companion book The Mama Natural Week-to-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth takes all of the online week-by-week content and expands upon it, helping mamas-to-be learn things like:
- Your perfect pregnancy diet (with weekly recipes)
- How to ditch toxins in your beauty and cleaning routine
- Natural remedies for common pregnancy symptoms
- The truth about epidurals (and other interventions)
- How to create your birth “dream team“
- How and why to eat your placenta (or not)
- Natural pain relief during labor
- What to do during each stage of labor
- Tips to navigate all those newborn interventions
- Plus, how to start breastfeeding on the right foot
This book, coupled with the online pregnancy tracker, empowers you to make the right choices for yourself and your family as you prepare for the hard work of childbirth.
Mama Natural Book
Pregant? Get my FREE week-by-week updates 😘 🍃 – Week by Week Promo [In-article]
SIGN ME UP!
Track your baby’s growth, find safe and natural remedies, and have fun along the way!
Other Pregnancy Tracker Apps
As I mentioned earlier, I’m not a huge fan of most pregnancy apps, because they talk about pregnancy and childbirth as if it’s a scary medical condition to fear. However, there are some apps that do some really cool things. Here are some of the better options out there:
- The Expectful Pregnancy app is unique in that it reminds you to meditate and take a deep breath each day. This is very different from the vibe you get from most apps (that lots of scary things will happen to you). I appreciate the reminder to go inward and remember that, usually, all is well.
- The Baby Pool app is another interesting app that is a bit different. Basically, it creates a baby pool digitally (instead of on a paper calendar) where your friends and family members can join in and make predictions. Once baby is born, participants earn points for each right answer. You can even add prizes if you want.
- The Who’s Your Daddy app is an app designed just for dads or partners. It offers weekly updates, a developmental timeline, a hospital bag checklist, a to-do list, potential baby names, and a contraction counter.
- The Pregnancy Diary Twins app is an app specifically for parents of multiples. It contains all of the same things that other apps do, but also includes multiple-specific information.
But Do You Really Need a Pregnancy Tracker?
As a newly pregnant mama for the first time, you may have only one thing on your mind—your pregnancy! But as you progress, pregnancy brain can make it hard to remember exactly what week you are on and which appointment you need to prepare for.
And when you get to your second or third pregnancy? Forget it! You’ll be so busy with your little ones that the pregnancy can just fly by. A pregnancy tracker can really help you press pause and keep tabs on that new special life growing inside of you.