A lot of people have asked me, “What do you eat during pregnancy?” So I took photos of all my meals for a week. See them all here.
A lot of people have asked me, “What do you eat?” So I took photos of all my meals over an average week, and in this video I share them with you.
Keep in mind that I’m five months pregnant! So my diet may look a little different than yours 🙂
Breakfast is probably my favorite meal and definitely the most important – I need to have it. I would say like five times a week I have eggs. I love eggs, they hold me over they’re super nurturing to my body and I heard somewhere that’s like pregnant moms should have two to three eggs a day so I try to shoot for that.
- Eggs on sprouted corn tortilla with brocolli salsa on side
- Eggs with greens
- Eggs with quinoa and zucchini, salsa on side
- Sprouted spelt wafftle topped with apple, cinnamon and butter
- Banna bread
- Eggs with grapefruit
Breakfast is also when I take my cod liver oil so that’s actually an added fat that kind of keeps me full pretty much all morning.
Mid Morning Snack
- Orange Juice mixed with seltzer water
- Red raspberry leaf tea with coconut milk and stevia
- Decaf iced tea
Pregnant? Get my FREE week-by-week updates! – Week by Week Promo [In-article]
Get Pregnancy Updates!
Track your baby’s growth, find safe and natural remedies, and have fun along the way!
So what I end up doing for lunches is leftovers and it actually works out better because Griffin and I are running around all morning doing something so we just come back when we need something quick. So leftovers do the trick.
- Hearty Thai seafood soup
- Turkey burger on sprouted wheat bread topped with avocado and a side of homemade slaw
- Homemade chicken salad with pecans and grapes on butter lettuce and toast
- Chicken sausage with quinoa and tomatoes with large side salad
- More leftover chicken and vegetables with side salad
Mid-afternoon is the time that I actually do need a snack because I go pretty long until I have dinner by the time Mike gets home so for that I really kind of shake it up.
- Cubed mango
- Handful of walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Cheese, basil and grape tomatoes
- Organic popcorn topped with olive oil and sea salt
Dinner is really where I like to cook and kind of just explore my creativity. Cooking is one of the greatest ways that I can just be free. I don’t like to follow recipes, I like just make things up. So I kind of just look in the fridge see what I can combine and I get Griffin in at his highchair, he starts playing with play-doh and mom just starts cooking. I also just like to Mike to come home to a delicious nutritious meal.
- Grass-fed steak, celery root mash, and asparagus
- Grass-fed beef tastadas topped with slaw and avocado
- Roasted chicken on rice with yellow tomatoes
- Roasted chicken with root vegetables
- Quinoa crusted pizza with onions and olives
- Smorgasboard dinner
I don’t eat many desserts because I don’t need any refined sugar, so most of the time, Mike and I after Griffin’s been put to bed we’ll just dive into fruits. So we’ll pick a couple of pieces, chop it up in a big plate and just it together. Occasionally I do like a little dessert. I usually have it a couple times a week so for me that would looke like..
- Coconut-rolled dates
- Gummy Men
- Honey vanilla Ice Cream topped with Walnuts
- Natural fruit pie
This pregnancy diet video includes info on the prenatals I take. Here’s a whole post on the best prenatal vitamins.
Also, if you want to see more food photos, be sure to connect with me on Instagram, where I post food and family photos nearly every day. My user name is MamaNatural.
How about you?
Do any of these foods look familiar? Do you have any go-to foods that you have each day? Let me know in the comments.