No clue what to register for or how to do it? This guide explains how to set up a Buy Buy baby registry, plus includes a complete registry checklist.
Thinking about creating a Buy Buy Baby registry? This article contains everything you need to know, including:
Buy Buy Baby Baby Registry Checklist
Clothing – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- 10 Onesies, 5 short-sleeve and 5 long-sleeve. These inexpensive, organic onesies have lapped necklines for easy on and off and snap at the crotch for diaper changes.
- 3 Hats, 3 sets of mitts & 6 pairs of socks. Accessories are affordable, but easily lost—so stock up!
- 4 Pairs of pants. You’ll want at least four pairs of these pants to layer over those onesies on chilly days.
- 2 Pairs of footie pants. If your baby kicks off their socks and cries when they have cold feet, try footie pants.
- 5 Pairs of pajamas. Burt’s Bees is a wonderful organic brand, and Buy Buy Baby sells their pajamas in a variety of cute gender-neutral prints.
- 3 Swaddles. Swaddling your newborn helps them feel safe and secure, so be sure to add a handful to your Buy Buy Baby registry.
- 1 Sleep sack. Your baby might prefer a sleep sack over being swaddled. Finding their perfect sleep environment can be a bit of trial and error, so I like that this sleep sack is adjustable.
Feeding – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
Nursery – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
What you’ll need in the early weeks and months:
- Organic cosleeper pillow. Co-sleeping promotes a healthy breastfeeding bond and, if done properly, is perfectly safe. But if you’re nervous about baby’s safety, consider adding co-sleeper pillow to your Buy Buy Baby registry.
- Bassinet that vibrates/swings and uses batteries. If you want to room-share, add a bassinet to your Buy Buy Baby registry. A battery-powered bassinet emits less EMFs than one plugged in, and it’s good to have options for either vibrating or swinging.
- Bassinet organic mattress pad and bassinet sheets. This mattress pad is made of 100 percent organic cotton and has a waterproof coating that’s easy to wipe clean. The bassinet sheets are made of 100 percent organic cotton, and come in a soft gray or white.
What you’ll need later:
- Non-toxic crib. A convertible crib grows with your baby, and this natural wood option has four adjustable mattress heights and converts to a toddler bed.
- Non-toxic mattress. This two-sided mattress flips from firm for an infant to a softer side for a toddler, so you’ll get a lot of life out of it.
- 2 Waterproof liners. Waterproof liners are important to protect the mattress. These have three layers to lock in moisture.
- 2 Crib sheets. Cover your waterproof liner with a soft, organic crib sheet to keep baby comfortable.
- White noise machine. A white noise machine will help lull your baby to sleep by mimicking the “shushing” sounds of the womb.
- Adorable cool mist humidifier. A humidifier adds moisture to the air so that baby breathes easier while they sleep.
- Low EMF baby monitor. Powered by batteries, this baby monitor also displays the room’s temperature, is voice-activated and has a built-in nightlight. Follow these instructions to hardwire it.
- Fan. A regular fan is excellent for air circulation and reduces the risk of SIDs.
Bathing & Grooming
Bathing and Grooming – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
Diapering – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- 24 Cloth diapers. With this many cloth diapers, you’ll buy yourself more time between laundry days. The outer shell protects from leaks and the microfiber inside keeps baby dry.
- 1 Pack of disposable diapers. At the beginning, you’ll probably want to have some disposable diapers on hand. These disposables are made without chlorine processing, fragrance, or lotions to minimize allergy and diaper rash risk.
- Wipes or reusable cloth diaper wipes. It is possible to clean baby’s bum without exposing them to chemicals. These water wipes are fragrance- and alcohol-free, plus have just a drop of fruit extract. Alternatively, put reusable cloth wipes on your Buy Buy Baby registry.
- Changing pad. This pad’s non-toxic surface wipes clean and resists liquids that cause mold. The strap keeps wiggling babies securely in place.
- Diaper caddy. If you keep everything organized, changing baby will be a breeze. This caddy has two interior compartments, one drawer that slides out, and an outside pocket to store everything you’ll need at changing time.
Healthcare – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- Nasal aspirator. When your baby gets their first cold, you’ll discover that they can’t blow their own nose. You have to do it for them, using suction and a nasal aspirator like this one.
- Digital thermometer. This digital thermometer has a large screen so you can read baby’s temperature easily. It also comes with a sanitary carrying pouch.
- First aid kit. As baby grows and starts crawling and walking, there will be boo-boo’s. Be prepared for anything with this 140-piece kit.
Toys and Activities
Toys and Activities – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- Non-toxic activity mat. This play gym has sides that fold up to make a ball pit, plenty of pull toys to encourage reaching and grasping, a mirror for baby to gaze at herself, and plays music.
- Newborn swing. This baby swing has two motions, side to side or front to back, six different speeds, and a soothing vibration mode. Toys up above give baby a place to look and focus his eyes.
- Baby chair. This bouncing option is expensive, but babies love it. Need more incentive to add it to your Buy Buy Baby registry? Because of the angle, it helps constipated babies get relief.
- Books. This chunky book stands up to baby’s new teeth. More importantly, it covers all the basic words they’ll need to learn in their first two years.
- Wooden toy. This popular teething toy builds muscle strength and is easy for baby to hold.
Baby Gear – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- Wrap. Natural mamas know that baby-wearing promotes bonding and can soothe a fussy baby. Add the Moby wrap to your Buy Buy Baby registry—it’s a classic, comfortable way to wear your baby.
- Baby carrier. The Ergobaby baby carrier safely supports baby’s head, spine, and hip joints in four different positions, plus comes in a variety of colors and patterns. Baby carriers are great once your baby graduates to a convertible carseat.
- Stroller. It’s expensive, yes, but the UPPABaby stroller grows with your baby. It’s well worth the investment.
- Car seat. This car seat fits in the UPPABaby stroller, and is made with the same high-quality fabrics.
- Diaper bag. This diaper bag can be carried over an arm like a purse, or worn like a backpack. It opens wide so you can easily find what you’re looking for, has seven pockets, and even comes with a portable changing pad.
For Mama – Baby Registry pregnancy post by Mama Natural
- Nursing bras (hands-free and regular). If you plan on pumping, a hands-free nursing bra is absolutely indispensable.
- Breast pump. Often, your health insurance company will cover a free breast pump, but if not, put one on your Buy Buy Baby registry. You can also use a hands-free pump.
- Breast milk storage bags. You will need to store breast milk in medical grade storage bags to keep it hygienic.
- Sitz bath spray. A sitz bath spray soothes sensitive areas when you don’t have time to soak.
- Nursing pads. Nursing pads shield chapped and sensitive nipples from rubbing against your bra, plus soak up any leaking milk.
- Nipple cream. Having a tube of lanolin on your Buy Buy Baby registry is essential if you plan to breastfeed. The fatty substance is basically nature’s skin grease, and is a lifesaver for breastfeeding moms.
- The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth. In my book, you’ll learn about all the changes your body undergoes throughout pregnancy, how to manage pregnancy symptoms naturally, and your baby’s development each week.
- The Mama Natural Birth Course. My natural birth course provides all the tools and support you need to deliver your baby naturally.
- Mama Natural Pregnancy Affirmation Cards. My natural pregnancy affirmation cards have inspiring and uplifting messages to help you accept your changing body, relax, and mentally prepare for an empowering and fulfilling natural birth.
Why Create a Buy Buy Baby Registry?
One major perk of creating a Buy Buy Baby registry is that the store has both brick-and-mortar locations and an easy-to-use online platform, depending on your preference.
When you create a Buy Buy Baby registry, you’ll get a welcome bag with samples, coupons, and a copy of a registry guide. There’s just one catch: The welcome bag has to be picked up in-store.
When you create a Buy Buy Baby registry, you get access to a number of online tools that offer a lot of added value, including an easy-to-use app. A Registry analyzer scans the items on your registry to make sure that you have a good mix of price points and interactive checklists help you track purchases and generate thank you lists.
Family and friends shopping your registry will appreciate Buy Buy Baby’s competitive pricing. The store regularly issues 20 percent off coupons that can be used on most items, plus will match any competitor’s price.
When you create a Buy Buy Baby registry, you can return any registry items for an entire year after baby’s due date.
A completion discount
Buy Buy Baby offers a 15 percent completion discount—a discount on any items that remain on your Buy Buy Baby registry a few weeks before the baby’s due date.
Buy Buy Baby also offers an additional completion incentive to registrants: If more than $1,500 is purchased from your registry you’ll receive free shipping of anything you order off their website for a year.
Pregnant? Get my FREE week-by-week updates! – Week by Week Promo [In-article]
Get Pregnancy Updates!
Track your baby’s growth, find safe and natural remedies, and have fun along the way!
How to Set-Up a Buy Buy Baby Registry
How to set up a Buy Buy Baby registry online:
- Visit Buy Buy Baby‘s website. On the right hand of the screen, you’ll see an icon marked “Registry.” Click it.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 1_1
- This will take you to the main registry screen, where you can either search for a registry or create your own Buy Buy Baby registry. Click “Start Your Registry” on the righthand side of the page.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 2_2
- This will take you to a form. Fill out the form, which includes details like your baby’s due date and an address where Buy Buy Baby will send presents. Click “Start My Registry.”
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 3_3
- You will now see a popup calendar prompting you to sign up for an in-store consultation with a registry expert. Go ahead and register for a free appointment, if you wish. Otherwise, click the X in the upper righthand corner.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 4
- Once this is done, you will see your dedicated Buy Buy Baby registry dashboard and can begin adding items to your Target baby registry.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 5_3
How to set up a Buy Buy Baby registry in-store:
- Stop by the dedicated registry desk at your local store to sign up for a Buy Buy Baby registry—no appointment necessary.
- Once you’ve successfully registered, the sales associate will provide you with a handheld scanner.
- Scan away! (Note: If you’d like help scanning, call your local Buy Buy Baby to make an appointment prior to visiting the store.)
How to Add Items to a Buy Buy Baby Registry
How to add items to a Buy Buy Baby registry online:
- Visit Buy Buy Baby’s website. On the right hand side of the screen, you’ll see an icon titled “Registry” Click that.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 1_1
- This will take you to the main registry screen. Look for text that says “Already have a registry? Sign in” on the righthand side, about halfway down the page. Click that.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 6_1_1
- This will take you to a sign in page. Enter your credentials.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 7_3
- You’ll be redirected back to the main registry page. Use the dropdown menu on the lefthand side to browse products, or use the search bar to find a specific item.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 8
- When you’re on an item’s page, look to the right—you’ll see a button that says “Add to Registry.” Click this button.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 8
- Once you’ve added an item to your registry, you’ll see a popup confirming the addition. You can choose to keep shopping or view your registry.
Buy Buy Baby Registry A Complete Checklist post by Mama Natural 9
How to add items to a Buy Buy Baby registry in-store:
- Visit the registry desk to get a handheld scanner.
- Browse the aisles, and use the handheld scanner to scan the barcode on any items you wish to add to your Buy Buy Baby Registry. (Don’t forget: If you want help along the way, you need to call your local Buy Buy Baby to make an appointment ahead of time.)
Other Places to Consider
If Buy Buy Baby doesn’t have a brick-and-mortar store in your area, you may prefer to register at a store that does. Or, you may simply prefer the brand selection at another retailer. Before setting up your registry, research your options.
Some of the most popular places to register include:
- Amazon: By using Amazon, you can register for everything you need without leaving the house. Amazon also offers great perks, like free shipping and low prices on a huge inventory.
- Target: This store is extremely convenient and well-priced, but doesn’t have extensive options for natural-minded parents.
- Walmart: With both online and in-store options, as well as low prices on extensive inventory, this store is extremely convenient for many.
- Babies R Us: Unfortunately, all Babies R Us stores shuttered in 2018. There is, however, speculation that some stores might reopen—the company was recently acquired by Tru Kids.
There’s a lot to consider when creating a baby registry, but your effort will pay off. With a properly crafted registry, you’ll have everything you need for baby’s big debut.